- Exodus 31:12-18 – What is the significance of the Sabbath day of rest?
- Isaiah 58:13,14 –What is one promise God gives us that pertains to the keeping of the Sabbath? How do we delight ourselves in the Lord?
- Psalm 37:14 –What’s in it for me? What do I receive for rearranging my life to delight myself in the Lord? What other commandments are there?
- John 13:34, 35 –Without love, we cannot keep God’s commandments. This was not spelled out when the law was handed down generation after generation; therefore, Jesus knew that the people needed an understanding of how to keep the law. Since this concept was new to them, he identified it as new!
- Matthew 22:37, 38 –Love the Lord with all thy heart and all thy mind and all thy soul and all thy strength. The second is like unto it. Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two hang ALL the law and the prophets. Are there other commandments or laws that God has given to help us?
Yes: Laws of diet, laws of prosperity, and grace
Can learning more about these laws help me?
- Matthew 6:33 – By seeking first the kingdom (His way of doing things) and his righteousness (right standing through Jesus), all these things are added to us.
- Hebrews 11:6 – As we diligently seek God’s face by studying His word, we unfold mysteries that become a reward to us.
- II Timothy 2:15 – How do we know what the Bible says? Study to show thyself approved unto God…These are laws and provisions in God’s word specifically for our benefit, but if we don’t know what they are, we won’t know that we can use them to help us.